Programming

Saturday, December 09, 2006

Software features

I am trying a new experiment. I am trying to create a list of "features" that one of my libraries has. So I am labelling each feature something like

// features.parser.parse_narrow_cstring

Roughly, each method, class or usage gets a feature. Normally, each feature requires one unit test, and if a feature has different behaviours requiring different unit tests, then I will subdivide the feature.

I must also make sure that somewhere in my unit tests, I include

// features.parser.parse_narrow_cstring.test

Hopefully this will give better unit-test coverage, and allow me to document and structure the library better. It will also allow features to be cross-referenced to code more quickly.

Hopefully this will make my code better organised. I shall report on whether it works.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home